Knowledge management is the field of expertise I am most passionate about. Isn’t it magical how you can create value through the cooperation? Is your organisation struggling with the implementation of a knowledge management strategy?
For the past ten years I have helped organisations to increase their profit and achieve their (social) business objectives through knowledge management. Knowledge management revolves around fostering the exchange of knowledge, building bridges and eventually making knowledge work for you. Through my business I have grown as a knowledge management expert by fostering a culture of learning and innovation, facilitating learning processes and knowledge exchange. Furthermore, I have implemented and developed knowledge management plans, mappings and strategies.
My clients include governments, Non-Governmental Organisations and different business. I have given capacity building trainings and advised on knowledge management in organisations since 2008.
Through Community Capacity Building (CCB) some fascinating projects I have worked on focused on overcoming obstacles through cooperation of teams, providing them with the necessary knowledge and building blocks to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals. I have enhanced the abilities of international virtual teams that allowed them to better achieve sustainable results, using different capacity building techniques, the stimulation of collaborative work styles and consensus building among stakeholders.
In my knowledge management and capacity building work it can be advantageous that I am a woman. By setting an example other women have often felt more eager to start using ICT tools, following my example. Gender issues are at the heart of my work. In all my projects I have kept a focus on making gender part of the work that is being implemented. I aspire to increase the role of women in ICT, policy and practice through an increased access women have of certain key knowledge areas. I am convinced that the access to technologies and information can increase the opportunities and chances women have to be successful in their lives.
My knowledge management and capacity building service include amongst others:
- Capturing knowledge on learning;
- Developing a knowledge management plan or strategy;
- Designing and conducting a survey;
- Providing support and trainings on internal learning and knowledge management using interactive information and communication technologies;
- Designing and implementing an open knowledge sharing architecture;
- Providing one-on-one trainings and advise on knowledge management;
- Making manuals, tutorials, help videos and voice-overs in English, French, Spanish and Dutch;
- Organising, facilitating and reporting on international conferences or organising online meetings;
- Developing a tailor-made knowledge management platform.
Example of Knowledge Management and Community Capacity Building projects that Create Consultancy contributed to include:
- ComPart (Communication with and amongst partners): Create Consultancy fostered a culture of learning, facilitated change management, designed a mind map in a team and leading a workshop to design this mind map. Create Consultancy provided services such as blogging, one-on-one coaching of staff members. The number of actively used online wiki cooperation spaces increased substantially.
- Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs hired Create Consultancy to modernise their way of working and to give more depth to the development debate by stimulating and increasing learning from past arguments used in publications. Create Consultancy designed a wiki platform to share knowledge. Create Consultancy gave one-on-one trainings to senior staff members and built their capacity to work with modern social media tools.
- At Fair and Sustainable Development Cooperation, Create consultancy assisted as an associate in building the capacity of international staff members, working in virtual teams on public private partnerships and climate change. Methods used include needs assessments, surveys (using MonkeySurvey, conference calls and fostering a culture of learning and sharing knowledge. A result that Create Consultancy contributed to was that ICCO Cooperation won the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs’ ‘Best New Partnership Award 2013’. Read more.
For more examples please visit Create Consultancy’s portfolio.